We are always in need of certified and licensed volunteer practitioners to join our team, so we can expand our services and serve a greater number of veterans who need holistic support. We currently have a wait list of veterans who can benefit from massage and counseling, so our need in these therapeutic areas is especially great.
If you would like to join our team as a volunteer practitioner, please review the basic requirements below to ensure this opportunity is a good fit for you. If so, we’d love to set up a time to meet you and learn more about the modalities you would like to offer our veterans. Please get in touch today so we can explore this opportunity to serve veterans together.
We ask our Volunteer Practitioners to:
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 4 hours per month for at least 6 months.
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality, and agree only to discuss client health with Helios Warriors’ staff as needed. Clients and cases are not discussed outside of Helios Warriors.
- Maintain current certification, licensure, and/or insurance according to NC state law while volunteering with Helios Warriors.
- Record all recommendations offered to clients, and make clear and concise notes in each client’s file after every treatment.
- Understand that as a member of the Helios Warriors team, we operate as a whole and our utmost priority is the health and well-being of our clients.
- Understand that it is my responsibility to cancel/change my availability with Helios Warriors either by email or phone with as much notice as possible.
- Understand that Helios Warriors will try very hard to provide a full schedule of veterans for each practitioner. Please note that our clients sometimes cancel at the last minute, which may result in openings during scheduled volunteer time.